What is Electric Brighton?
Electric Brighton is a community initiative to encourage the transition to Electric and Low Emissions vehicles in Brighton & Hove, and beyond. We are a registered Community Interest Company.
Climate change is already having a devastating impact on our world. We know that increased use of public transport, cycling and walking are all vital in our transition to a sustainable future. For those individuals and businesses who need to drive, transitioning to electric technology is a crucial part of reducing emissions. Decarbonising transport and, more broadly, our economy is helping to secure our collective future. With more people using Electric and Low Emission Vehicles, there is a real chance to improve the air quality in our city and reduce carbon emissions, helping to tackle Climate Change.
We aim to help this transition on a local level however we can.
What do we do?
- Maintain our map of EV chargers in Brighton, with features only available on electricbrighton.com; such as filtering by locations for specific residents parking permits or those with marked bays.
- We run a quarterly newsletter of local EV news and goings-on.
- Manage our Hug the Plug campaign highlights where demand is for new EV charging infrastructure in the city.
- Run an annual survey of local EV owners, and produce a report of the results which we share with Brighton & Hove City Council.
- We publish an annual EV charging network price comparison report, highlighting the real-world costs of refuelling an EV.
- Maintain our FAQ on answers to common EV-related questions.
- Run a social media presence, helping to promote Brighton as a leader of electric vehicles and sustainable transport.
- Respond to enquiries from local residents and help provide them with answers to their questions.
- Share and discuss our work with third parties to help advance the transition to electric vehicles.
If you would like to support Electric Brighton and the work we do, please see our page on how you can support us.
Who are we?
- Tom Kiss
An EV owner and advocate, passionate about taking action on Climate Change and the transition to a low-carbon future. Tom set up Electric Brighton to help encourage drivers to switch from Petrol and Diesel vehicles in the city.
- Damien Tanner
Damien is an entrepreneur and investor with a strong focus on technology that has a positive impact on the world. He tries to live a low impact life with a low carbon footprint and sparse use of plastics.
- Ben Sauer
Is a strategic designer with experience in transport and government. He’d like to drive an EV, if only the infrastructure would let him.
If you'd like to talk to us about any aspect of owning an EV in Brighton & Hove, the content on our website or anything at all, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or say hi on twitter.
About our website
Sustainable website design and development courtesy of Dodeca Studio.
The lovely illustrations used on our site were produced by freelance graphic designer and illustrator, Sophie Carpenter. Thank you for working with us, Sophie!
Selected stock imagery on the site is from Unsplash, including work from Ashkan Forouzani and Goh Rhy Yan.