New features and updates to electricbrighton.com
June 1st 2020
As well as a fresh new look, we've been making several improvements to our site to help make using an EV in Brighton much more straightforward, here's a breakdown of the changes we've been hard at work building:
- New charging map - With so many new chargers online in the city, our improved charging map has a much needed new feature: Filters! You can filter charging locations by those with free, paid or residents parking, or chargers in specific parking zones. Plus, you can filter by dedicated or shared bays, making it much easier to find charging locations.
- Lamp-post charger locations - All the latest lamp-post chargers are on our charging map, and we will continue to add the latest ones as they are installed and added by the network operator, Electric Blue.
- New planned locations - Our map of planned EV charging sites for Brighton now includes not only the remaining lamp-post chargers but the four proposed Rapid Charging Hubs across the city.
- New location pages - Every location has it's own page, and these have all been updated to now include parking zones, bay type and resident's permit details. Plus, there's charging network info such as how to charge your vehicle and how much it will cost you.
- Updated Hug the Plug demand map - Our map of demand now includes filters and an "Unmet demand" view, letting you see where in Brighton is most or least served by charging infrastructure, based on walking distance.
- Commenting - You can now comment on news articles and location pages, meaning you can share any issues or tips you have for locations. We will be notified of all new comments, meaning any feedback we receive won't just be visible to other users but can be collected and shared.
- Updated FAQ - We've added more answers to common questions, plus added a search facility to help find those answers more quickly.
- 100% renewable - We've moved our web hosting provider, so our server is running on renewable energy from Ecotricity.
- Plus there are many general improvements across the site which improve loading times and speed.
We hope you enjoy the updates and please do let us know any feedback you may have, in the comments below.
- Tom at Electric Brighton